VALVE COVER RACING UNOFFICIAL RULES
These rules and specifications are only meant as guidelines. These are general rules with our own twists thrown in for good measure.
VALVE COVER CARS
- No engines or propulsion.
- No moving weights.
- Wheel can be attached to the car in any manner, but must not extend beyond the front of the valve cover.
- Nothing can extend beyond the front of the valve cover.
- Cars shall be based on an actual rocker cover from an automobile engine.
- Cars must have four wheels, each no more than six inches in diameter.
- Wheel must have a non-metallic surface contacting the track.
- 30 inch maximum overall car length.
- 15 inch maximum overall car width.
- 10 inch maximum overall car height.
- 10 pounds maximum weight by official scales.
- The course shall consist of a launch incline eight feet long, followed by a level run of twenty feet.
- The launch incline shall be divided into two lanes, each 18 inches wide. The incline shall be three feet high at the rearmost part and level with the course at the front edge. The front edge shall be mitered so as to provide a smooth transition from the incline to the run out area.
- The official "Starting Line" shall be two feet from the rear edge of the incline. A mechanized starting gate should be provided.
- The run out section of the course shall consist of two lanes. The lanes shall be clearly marked.
- The finish line shall be marked twenty feet from the front edge of the launch incline. You can make the finish line a mechanical finish as well is you wish, or have an official judging the winners.
- The official who judges the winners should be provide body guards, and whisked away at the end of the races to a safe and secure location.
RUNNING THE RACE
- Cars will be run in heats of two cars each.
- The cars are to be launched with their front wheels on the starting line. The first car to have its front wheels cross the finish line is the winner. If neither car makes it to the finish line, the car going the furthest in its lane wins.
- If the wheels of a car should cross over the lane marker the car shall be disqualified. The competing car immediately becomes the winner.
- Winning cars will advance to the next round until all are eliminated except one car.
Some Suggested Classes:
- USA Champion: fastest USA entry.
- Canadian Champion: fastest Canadian Entry
- International Champion: this is for all the bragging rights.
- Junior Champion: fastest entry for age 13 years and under.